[Eril-l] Upgrade to the Microbiology Society journal platform, microbiologyresearch.org

Gaynor Redvers-Mutton G.Redvers-Mutton at microbiologysociety.org
Fri Jul 19 02:17:29 PDT 2019

***with apologies for cross-posting***

Upgrade to the Microbiology Society journal platform, microbiologyresearch.org

We want to give all visitors to microbiologyresearch.org the best possible user experience. With this in mind we are upgrading our platform to offer a crisp and uncluttered look and feel using responsive design to deliver a great user experience on all devices.

When is the launch of the new platform?
We have scheduled the release of the upgraded microbiologyresearch.org platform for August 2019, with new functionality coming on stream later in 2019. Our aim is to deliver a seamless transition to the upgraded platform, and anticipate that the platform will be unavailable for only a few hours.

How will URLs and DOIs be affected?
The platform URL remains microbologyresearch.org. While many URLs will change when we migrate, we will put in place a comprehensive set of redirects that will persist for the lifetime of the platform, so there should be no interruption in your access to our journals. If you currently link out to any of our journal subdomains we recommend that you update links out to microbiologyresearch.org to optimize user experience.

All DOIs will remain the same. We will reregister our DOIs with Crossref to point to the URLs on the new platform.

Find out more in our Library FAQs at https://www.microbiologyresearch.org/librarians/platform-upgrade-FAQs or email journalsales at microbiologysociety.org<mailto:journalsales at microbiologysociety.org>.

Gaynor Redvers-Mutton | Head of Business Development and Sales
Microbiology Society | microbiologysociety.org<http://www.microbiologysociety.org/>
T +44 (0)7545 601839
E  g.redvers-mutton at microbiologysociety.org
12 Roger Street, London, WC1N 2JU, UK
Company Limited by Guarantee | Registered in England No. 1039582 | Registered as a Charity: 264017 (England & Wales); SC039250 (Scotland)
Find our journals online at www.microbiologyresearch.org<http://www.microbiologyresearch.org/>
Follow us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/MicrobiologySociety>, Twitter<http://twitter.com/MicrobioSoc> and LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/microbiology-society>