[Eril-l] anyone using Google Sheets with COUNTER reports? a helpful script

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Thu Jan 24 13:15:31 PST 2019

Hi, all. If anyone is using Google Sheets to store and use their COUNTER
reports, I have a nice little script to share.

It's a Google Sheets script that you give the URL of a Sheet file that has
just one tab (which COUNTER reports usually do) and it copies the tab,
renames it with "original" prepended and protects it from accidental
editing, and renames the duplicate to "working" so you can very quickly
protect the original and leave yourself with a copy-tab for doing analysis
with.
Running the script is as easy as clicking a button and then pasting in the
URL of the Sheet file.

You could use it for any Sheet file with just one tab - my use case for
writing it was all my COUNTER files but it's agnostic as to the contents of
the file, just that it should only have one tab.

If anyone is interested, get in touch with me.

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island
mbelvadi at upei.ca  902-566-0581