[Eril-l] Alum access to JSTOR - how are you setting up authentication? how are you getting usage statistics for alums?

Benjamin Jahre jahreb at lafayette.edu
Thu Feb 21 09:03:55 PST 2019

Hi James,

We have the distinct URL option set up in the way you mentioned at the end of your email: http://jstor.lafayette.edu/ <http://jstor.lafayette.edu/> , as opposed to our EZproxied URL for jstor.org <http://jstor.org/>. This referring URL is set up through Shibboleth, instead of EZproxy, and can only be accessed by alumni accounts — if you try to use a student/fac/staff account, you get a message directing you to the proxied URL.

On the admin side, the first heading under the Usage Reports section is Choose Account, and we have options for “Lafayette College” and “Lafayette College Alumni Access”.

Happy to discuss this in a bit more detail off-list, if you’d like!

Be well,
Ben

----
Ben Jahre