[Eril-l] Triggers for DDA collections

Harper, Cynthia charper at vts.edu
Wed Dec 4 17:10:45 PST 2019

Hello - I'd like to hear if there are any ebook DDA collections for which the triggers are a little more lenient than EBSCO's.  We use EBSCO DDA, and have had to turn it off now that we started using EBSCO EDS - because these ebooks turn up at the top of the search, because they are ranked by date, and the DDA books are the newest.  And it does appear that people are spending the 10 minutes evaluating these books that cause them to be triggered.

One solution would be for us to remove all books from the most current 3 years or so from the DDA selectables.  But I'm wondering if there are any DDA experiences that don't purchase the book quite so readily.

Thanks,

Cindy Harper
E-services and periodicals librarian
Virginia Theological Seminary