[Eril-l] Position Available: Resource Description & Acquisition Supervisor (application deadline extended)
Reeves, Robert K
Robert.Reeves at montgomerycollege.edu
Mon Aug 12 07:04:12 PDT 2019
Sorry for the multiple emails, but, I wanted to clarify that the new application deadline is Thursday, August 22, 2019.
From: Eril-l <eril-l-bounces at lists.eril-l.org> On Behalf Of Reeves, Robert K
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2019 9:53 AM
To: eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Subject: [Eril-l] Position Available: Resource Description & Acquisition Supervisor (application deadline extended)
Job Title: Resource Description & Acquisition Supervisor (S03129)
Job Description Summary:
Montgomery College (MC), Office of Library Services located in Rockville, MD, has need for a full-time Resource Description & Acquisitions Supervisor, position #S03129. This is a Grade 23, exempt level, non-bargaining position. The normal work schedule is Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Under supervision and/or direction, responsible for coordinating the day-to-day activities and functions for college-wide acquisitions, cataloging, and processing of print and non-print library assets. Contacts are with library management and staff, students, vendors, contractors, HRSTM, Office of Procurement staff and Office of Business Services staff.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Supervise day-to-day operations of College Library cataloging and classification functions across all campuses.
* Works with the Associate Director to develop and implement policies, procedures and short- term objectives.
* Implement workflow processes and assigns work; prioritizes assignments/projects to ensure deadlines are met.
* Train, develop and evaluate staff.
* Establish performance expectations.
* Ensure compliance with College policies and procedures.
* Advise Associate Director of work priorities and project status.
* Develop and implement procedures for timely and efficient cataloging, and processing of materials by staff.
* Manage bibliographic data in the various library systems.
* Utilize OCLC Connexion to download, set and update bibliographic holdings.
* Keep abreast of cataloging standards and processes in libraries, including AACR2, LCSH, LC Classification, and managing local authority and subjects records.
* Collaborate with the Library management team and staff on workflow processes and issues, and ensure completion of tasks, projects and initiatives.
* Manage quality control of integrated library system database.
* Manage automated import files within the library systems, including batched Marc loads, and EOD (embedded order data) and EDI (electronic data interchange) loads.
* Supervise day-to-day Library acquisition functions/activities.
* Manage vendor relations; negotiates invoicing and payment.
* Provide day-to-day oversight of acquisition budgets.
* Oversee supplies, furniture, and equipment requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field. Experience in accounting, office management, library science (general skills).
* Minimum of three years of experience working in a library.
* One year of supervisory experience.
* Knowledge in library-related processes, including library management systems, information systems and tools, electronic resources, inventory methodology, and acquisition processes.
* Skill in cataloging print and non-print formats, and electronic resources.
* Knowledge of cataloguing standards and processes.
* Knowledge of academic library practices and procedures including instruction, reference services and collection development.
* Skill in evaluating potentially relevant literature and information products.
* Strong analytical, organizational, management, matrix team management, leadership, interpersonal; coaching, supervisory, and team building skills.
* Skill in optimizing the efficient use of resources using data metrics in light of escalating costs and budgetary constraints.
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
* Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
* Masters in Library Science (M.L.S., M.S.L.S., M.L.I.S.) from an ALA-accredited institution
* Customer service experience in a fast paced office environment
* Work experience in a higher education institution
Apply online at https://mc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/external/job/RV---Gordon--Marilyn-Macklin-Tower/Resource-Description---Acquisition-Supervisor--S03129-_R1898
Online applications must be received by Thursday, August 22, 2019
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
* Successful completion of a background check.
* Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including on-site gyms, pools and classes.
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland's most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: hrstm at montgomerycollege.edu<mailto:hrstm at montgomerycollege.edu>
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Tuesday, July 30, 2019
Robert K. Reeves
E-Resource Management & Discovery Services Librarian
Montgomery College Library
51 Mannakee St. | MT 303S
Rockville, MD 20850
robert.reeves at montgomerycollege.edu<mailto:robert.reeves at montgomerycollege.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l