[Eril-l] Vacancy Announcement: Metadata Librarian at the National Agricultural Library (Open Aug 12 - 26, 2019)
vicky.crone at usda.gov
Tue Aug 13 14:11:44 PDT 2019
The National Agricultural Library (Beltsville, MD) has a job opportunity for a Metadata Librarian.
The position is open to the U.S. citizens and nationals.
The GS-13 position is open from Monday, August 12 through Monday, August 26, 2019. For details please see the announcement -- https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542266700<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usajobs.gov%2FGetJob%2FViewDetails%2F542266700&data=02%7C01%7C%7C756b4c308a5b4c4ec96908d720320478%7Ced5b36e701ee4ebc867ee03cfa0d4697%7C0%7C0%7C637013271517249512&sdata=M8l6Erc1JpK3eVJC%2FWzR%2FPKeNEI0oaAlb%2BeDwlb4G%2BY%3D&reserved=0>
This position is located in the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service, National Agricultural Library (NAL), Acquisitions and Metadata Branch, Data Production Division, in Beltsville, MD.
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the cataloging and indexing agricultural and scientific information for online bibliographic databases as well as coordinating cooperative cataloging and data input projects with other institutions and various organizations of international, national, regional and local levels.
Major Duties Include:
* Designing, testing, and implementation of automated systems to aid staff in performing bibliographic control functions.
* Creates metadata and classifies materials, primarily continuing resources, involving scientific and technical information related to the agricultural and biological sciences.
* Responsible for overseeing the use of NAL library management system or Integrated Library System (ILS) in the Acquisitions and Metadata Branch.
* Prepares a variety of special reports involving issues, activities, projects, operations, problems, etc. of the Acquisitions and Metadata Branch.
* Communicates with Librarians, scientist, computer specialist within NAL and other USDA divisions and Federal agencies to understand both the needs of the patrons and the trends and new directions in the cataloging world.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We also request that you share this announcement with other potential candidates.
For more information, please feel free to contact: Fred Kirby (703-259-9350 / fred.kirby at usda.gov<mailto:fred.kirby at usda.gov>).
Please forgive any cross-postings.
This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l