[Eril-l] Google Scholar Link Resolver

Lowry, Lindsey lrlowry at ua.edu
Wed Apr 17 13:34:23 PDT 2019

We have had reports today that our Link Resolver that has been integrated into Google Scholar is not working properly. We use EBSCO's Full Text Finder, and when a patron clicks our "Find it @UAlabama" link on Google Scholar, it results in an EBSCO login screen that we have never seen before. The problem is isolated to off-campus access only, and as far as we can tell, Google Scholar is the only place this is happening. We set the Google Scholar integration up about two years ago, and the link resolver has been working up until today it seems.

We have not changed anything on our end that should be causing this, like IP addresses, proxyURLS, or settings to the link resolver. We wondered if anyone else had experienced this and had any ideas as to what may be going wrong while we continue to investigate.

Lindsey Lowry, MLIS
Electronic Resources Librarian, University Libraries
Assistant Professor
The University of Alabama<https://www.ua.edu/>
400 D-8 Gorgas Library
Box 870266