[Eril-l] Gale/EBSCO EDS customers, please tell Gale to fix this problem

Hockenberry, Benjamin bhockenberry at sjfc.edu
Wed Sep 26 06:38:00 PDT 2018

I followed up with Gale about this issue in relation to Primo Central records, which contain the same explanatory text from Wiley. They issued a caveat regarding the wording Melissa shared, as below:

“Thank you for contacting Gale Technical Support. The change is in the metadata of the articles, not the service, so the information will be updated when Primo decides to update their Gale content records. Also, the wording that is being used by Gale Reps to communicate this info is that 'going forward' we will omit the text. Any existing items before this recent change will not have adjustments.”

While this is good news, we may wish to contact our knowledgebase vendors to reprocess existing metadata in their Gale feeds in order to remove this problematic text. I’ve submitted a case to Ex Libris (Case #00601236 if any fellow ExL customers want to reference it).

Thanks, Melissa!

Ben Hockenberry
Systems Librarian
St. John Fisher College Lavery Library