[Eril-l] UpToDate and OpenAthens

Koechlein, Sarah Joy - koech2sj koech2sj at jmu.edu
Thu Oct 25 07:52:33 PDT 2018

Harold,

We are working on an OpenAthens implementation at JMU Libraries and are in the process of setting up UpToDate to authenticate with OA. I can provide more details as we get further along, but UpToDate is supposedly OA compliant.

We had UpToDate for about a year before beginning the OA implementation. We do not have EZproxy and U2D has some fairly specific restrictions around how they will authenticate users. We had to build our own login mechanism in order to be in compliance with our license agreement. If you are interested in that process, I can dig up some documentation and send it your way.

Thanks,
Sarah

Sarah Koechlein
Head of Resource Access