[Eril-l] Privacy and New EBSCO personal login feature - Google login

Hinchliffe, Lisa W ljanicke at illinois.edu
Wed Oct 31 12:47:04 PDT 2018

I’ve changed the subject line because I’m going to shift the topic a bit. Am I the only librarian who is a bit alarmed at the idea of authenticating to a library resource through Google and the privacy (like there is none?) implications? Someone please tell me I’m misunderstanding and explain that this is actually in keeping with the NISO Privacy Principles or something?

Lisa

Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe
Professor/ Coordinator for Information Literacy Services and Instruction, University Library
Affiliate Faculty, School of Information Sciences
University of Illinois, 1408 West Gregory Drive, Urbana, Illinois 61801
ljanicke at illinois.edu, 217-333-1323 (v), 217-244-4358 (f)