[Eril-l] Call for participation: Survey on academic librarian job turnover

Amy Fyn afyn at coastal.edu
Wed Oct 24 09:23:39 PDT 2018

*** Our apologies for cross-posting this message***

We invite you to participate in a research survey titled “Exploring Academic Librarian Turnover.”

The purpose of this study is to investigate the leading factors that contribute to employee turnover in academic libraries in the United States. We invite you to participate if you have previously left a U.S. based academic librarian position voluntarily in the past 5 years.

If you choose to participate, you will complete a survey that will take no more than 10-15 minutes to complete. Participation is voluntary and you may withdraw at any time, and for any reason. Responses to this survey will be anonymous.

The Institutional Review Board (IRB) under the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Services is responsible for the oversight of all human subject research conducted at Coastal Carolina University. If you have any questions about your rights as a research participant before, during or after the research study, you may contact this office by calling (843) 349-2978 or emailing OSPRS at coastal.edu.

This research study has been approved by the Coastal Carolina University’s IRB on October 15, 2018. This approval will expire on October 14, 2019 unless the IRB renews the approval prior to this date.

Results may be shared through publication or conference presentations.

Link to Survey: Exploring Academic Librarian Turnover<https://coastal.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8qrgrQBoT5EvCip>

This survey will be open through November 7, 2018.

Thank you for your consideration. Questions about the study may be directed to:

Amy Fyn

Coastal Carolina University

afyn at coastal.edu

Christina Heady

Southern Illinois University, Carbondale

cheady at lib.siu.edu

Amanda Foster-Kaufman

Instruction Librarian

Wake Forest University