[Eril-l] Switching Ebsco databases from EZproxy to Shibboleth

Molly K Beisler abeisler at unr.edu
Mon Nov 26 09:42:00 PST 2018

Good morning,

At the University of Nevada, Reno, we are considering switching all of our Ebsco databases from using EZproxy authentication to using Single-Sign-On via Shibboleth. Our primary motivation is doing this is to have user accounts tied to our campus login rather than forcing users to create unique accounts in Ebsco to save items or download ebook content.

Have any libraries out there made this change recently? If so, have you been happy with it? Are there any drawbacks we should be aware of?

Thanks,
  Molly Beisler

Molly Beisler
Head, Discovery Services