[Eril-l] Collection Development Methods

Kenneth D Rosenberg Kenneth.Rosenberg at qc.cuny.edu
Wed Nov 21 08:06:25 PST 2018

Hello Collective Wisdom,

Here at Queens College we are looking into/trying to change our Collection Development/Acquisition Paradigm.  Currently, we are still pretty much a firm order model with very limited (1 or 2 DDA programs).  We are looking at trying to get a more blended approach with EBA, On-Demand, etc.  I am interested to hear firsthand experience from libraries experiences with different models, especially if you are using multiple methods, how they compare difficulties in getting started, keeping going and especially what the buy-in from the entire Librarians as a whole are and how you might have overcome reluctance to embrace other models.

Please reply off-list to me.

And I thank everyone for their time and input in advance.

Ken Rosenberg
Acquisitions Librarian
Liaison for Arabic, Classical Languages, and Middle Eastern Studies
Queens College
Benjamin Rosenthal Library 201B
Queens, NY 11367

Tel: 718-997-3721  Fax: 718-997-3789