[Eril-l] criteria for e-resources on A-Z databases list

Steve Oberg steve.oberg at wheaton.edu
Mon Mar 19 10:26:15 PDT 2018

Here is our criteria. I wrote it based on another library’s criteria and after 3-4 years of using it, I don’t like it, mainly because it’s too inclusive and therefore harder to maintain over time. Efforts to revise the definition to be more selective have not yet been successful.

DEFINITION:
Databases, abstracting and indexing resources, online reference works, journal and e-book packages, and freely available websites that are selected by subject librarians as having value for one or more subject areas.

Steve

Steve Oberg
Assistant Professor and Group Leader for Resource Description and Digital Initiatives
Buswell Library, Wheaton College (IL)
+1 (630) 752-5852

President, NASIG<http://www.nasig.org/>
[id:image001.png at 01D3719D.A819E5B0]