[Eril-l] Does anyone know anything about: Taylor & Francis to Reinstate Courtesy Access Back to 1997

Sara Colglazier scolglaz at mtholyoke.edu
Mon Mar 12 12:10:43 PDT 2018

Hi All,

In their March 2018 newsletter, sent out 8 March, Harrassowitz informed
their customers that:
*Taylor & Francis to Reinstate Courtesy Access Back to 1997*

HARRASSOWITZ has been carefully monitoring the recent feedback from the
library and academic community regarding Taylor & Francis’ new policy to
introduce a rolling wall of 20 years of courtesy access.

We are pleased to report that in response to an open letter from head
librarians from more than 110 UK and Irish institutions outlining the
disadvantages of a rolling wall for the research process and the additional
administrative burden on librarians, Taylor & Francis has decided to
reinstate courtesy access back to 1997 for “full access” Library and
Subject Collection customers. This new policy applies with immediate effect.

Has anyone else heard anything like this from any other source?
I know that on the 27th of February we still had access back to 1997 (where
it applied) but no longer on 1 March.
I would very much be in favor of T&F getting rid of their rolling wall
access again. It is a pain to manage!
What have others heard?
Thanks, Sara

--
Sara Colglazier
Electronic Resources Management and Discovery Services Librarian