[Eril-l] alias for e-resource email address

David Gall dcgall at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jun 21 08:17:56 PDT 2018

Hello all,

I'd like to ask those that are using multiple email addresses for vendor correspondence, about their experience with employing this approach. Has this method generally been successful for getting the correct information to the correct parties? Do you find that the workflows on the vendor side are nuanced enough to effectively integrate with the way you have organized your email accounts? Or do you often find that you have to do a substantial amount of email sorting and forwarding, because a vendor prefers one or two points of contact?

We currently use one main email alias to which vendors can send all variety of correspondence. We've considered trying to make it more granular (ie: an address for invoicing, tech issues, etc.), but are concerned that we would find ourselves spending additional time managing the incoming email of those accounts because vendors aren't be able/willing to accommodate the additional contact points.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave Gall, MLIS
Acquisitions Manager
Dana Porter Library, University of Waterloo