[Eril-l] 2018 Charleston Conference Registration Now Open

Beth Bernhardt brbernha at uncg.edu
Fri Jun 15 09:11:16 PDT 2018

 The Charleston Conference is pleased to announce that registration for our
2018 event is now open! Take advantage of early bird pricing by registering
at the link below prior to September 14.

Register now at https://www.charlestonlibraryconference.
com/conference-events/2018-conference-registration/.

*Confirmed Keynote Speakers:*

   - *Annette Thomas*, Chief Executive Officer of the Scientific & Academic
   Research business of Clarivate Analytics
   - *Ruth L. Okediji*, the Jeremiah Smith. Jr, Professor of Law at Harvard
   Law School and Co-Director of the Berkman Klein Center

*Other Events:*

   - *The Long Arm of the Law* panel, with *Ann Okerson*, CRL, and others
   TBA
   - *The Charleston Fast Pitch Competition* - awarding two prizes of
   $2,500 each for innovation in libraries, plus a NEW international travel
   stipend award.
   - T*he Charleston Premiers*: Five Minute Previews of the New and
   Noteworthy
   - More to be announced later on with our full conference schedule.

*Preconference Schedule:*

Preconferences are workshops and seminars that will be held on the Monday
and Tuesday prior to the start of the main conference. These sessions
require an additional registration and fee, and are intended to be in-depth
learning sessions that will offer a deeper, more thorough look at topics
related to collection development and acquisitions.

https://www.charlestonlibraryconference.com/preconferences/

*Hotel Guest Room Blocks*

The week of the conference is a busy time in Charleston due to other events
in town; please make sure to make reservations in advance.  The deadline
for group reservations is *OCTOBER 1 unless otherwise noted*.  *Be sure to
mention that you are with the Charleston Library Conference to receive the
group rate. *Contact *Shirley Davidson*, our Hotel Liaison and Conference
Mentor, with any questions at shirley at charlestonlibraryconference.com.

https://www.charlestonlibraryconference.com/travel/hotels/

Please contact Leah Hinds, Executive Director, with any questions at leah@
charlestonlibraryconference.com. We look forward to seeing you in
Charleston!

Beth R. Bernhardt
Assistant Dean for Collection Management and Scholarly Communications
University Libraries
University of North Carolina Greensboro
PO Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402
336-256-1210
[image: FullName UNCG Logo combined with 125th mark]