[Eril-l] Invitation to participate in a research study: Middle Managers in Academic Libraries as Leaders

Alana Nuth Alana.Nuth at uvm.edu
Mon Jun 11 03:52:56 PDT 2018

Please excuse cross postings

Dear colleagues,

We are conducting a study to understand leadership behaviors and skills as exhibited by middle managers working in technical services and/or collection management at academic libraries. Our study will also explore characteristics of middle managers’ self-defined professional identities.

We would like to invite academic librarians who are currently employed in a middle management position within a technical services or collection management department and who self-identify as a leader or as demonstrating leadership behavior to participate in our study.

To participate in a one-time interview, please email Dan Tam Do (dtdo at uvm.edu) and Alana Nuth (alana.nuth at uvm.edu) by June 25, 2018.

Study participants will participate in one interview with us that will be recorded and transcribed, which is expected to last approximately 60 minutes. Participants will be asked about their age, gender, work experience in academic libraries and in technical services and/or collection management, leadership behaviors and skills pertaining thereto, and related professional development. Participants may opt not to answer any of the questions and may leave the interview at any time.

Participants will not be compensated; participation requires no cost and is completely voluntary. While participants may not benefit directly from the study, others may benefit from it in the future.

We will not retain or publish any private or identifying information, which could be used to identify participants, and will avoid any risk of an accidental breach of confidentiality. Emails exchanged, audio recordings, and transcriptions will be deleted once the study is accepted for publication. Until deletion, the files will be accessible only by us.

If you have any questions about this study now or in the future, you may contact Dan Tam Do (802-656-8568) or Alana Nuth (802-656-8350). If you have questions or concerns about your rights as a research participant, you may contact the University of Vermont Director of the Research Protections Office at (802) 656-5040.

Sincerely,
Dan Tam Do and Alana Nuth

---

Alana M. Nuth