[Eril-l] WestLawNext and EBSCO holdings management/publication finder

Beth M. Johns bmjohns at SVSU.edu
Thu Jun 7 08:34:45 PDT 2018

Has anyone managed to get WestLawNext and Publication Finder to work successfully?

EBSCO won't add WestLawNext as a package. From EBSCO support when I contacted them last year:

"WestlawNext is a separate platform for the content and has whole new search engine. It is an offering that customers have to purchase. We have developed the Westlaw Classic URLs to work on the new WestlawNext platform for the ease of our users. The existing URLs will allow a user onto the WestlawNext platform as long as the content has been added to the WestlawNext platform and the user has an active subscription to WestlawNext. If either of these are not the case, the user will be directed to Westlaw Classic to access the content."

I finally set aside some time to try and get this to work and am failing horribly so I'm giving up for now. I would really like to have the WestLaw titles enabled in Publication Finder. Can anyone help or has everyone given up on this prospect?

Beth M. Johns, MLIS

E-Resources Librarian

Saginaw Valley State University

Melvin J. Zahnow Library