[Eril-l] MLA International Bibliography title comparisons

Lisa Gonzalez lgonzalez at palni.edu
Thu Jul 26 10:22:06 PDT 2018

There is a list of indexed journals here:
https://www.mla.org/Publications/MLA-International-Bibliography/Frequently-Asked-Questions,
under "How many journals are covered in the bibliography?"
-Lisa

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 8:10 AM, Melissa Belvadi <mbelvadi at upei.ca> wrote:

> If you can actually get a "clean" list of what's indexed in MLA, e.g. with
> reliable ISSNs and starting/ending coverage dates, I would very much like
> to have a copy. Years ago I wanted to do what you're asking for, but was
> stymied by the lack of a usable title list for MLA, and the journal titles
> themselves are far too variable in formatting/abbreviation/subtitles/etc
> to be usable for doing systematic overlap comparisons.
>
> Melissa Belvadi
> Collections Librarian
> University of Prince Edward Island
> mbelvadi at upei.ca 902-566-0581
> my public calendar
> <http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=mbelvadi%40upei.ca&ctz=America/Halifax&mode=week>
>

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 5:21 PM, Josh Hickman <hickmanj at beloit.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hello collective wisdom!
>>
>> Before I go reinventing the wheel, I'm curious if anyone has run a
>> comparison of the titles indexed in MLA International Bibliography with any
>> other resources (JSTOR, other EBSCOhost databases, etc.). If so, would you
>> be willing to share?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Josh
>>

>> Josh Hickman
>> Digital Resources Librarian | Beloit College
>> phone: 608-363-2246
>> email: hickmanj at beloit.edu
>> Schedule a meeting with me <https://hickmanj.youcanbook.me/>

Lisa Gonzalez | PALNI Knowledge Base and License Manager Librarian
Private Academic Library Network of Indiana

317-550-5229 | lgonzalez at palni.edu | www.palni.edu