[Eril-l] IET announces increases in impact factors across journal portfolio for second year running

Jones,Caroline carolinejones at theiet.org
Mon Jul 2 07:43:22 PDT 2018

* Apologies for cross-posting*

IET announces increases in impact factors across journal portfolio for second year running

Journals from the Institution of Engineering and Technology have achieved significant increases in their impact factor ratings for the second year in a row, with seven seeing a rise of over 30%. In addition, IET Control Theory & Applications and IET Renewable Power Generation are now in the top quartile of their respective categories.

Speaking of the announcement, Vincent Cassidy, Head of Academic Markets at the IET, said: “We are thrilled to see the continued growth in the quality of our journal portfolio. This is testament to the ongoing efforts made by our editorial boards and in-house editors and publishing staff to ensure that we attract and publish the best quality research in our fields. We would like to extend our thanks to our editorial boards, our authors and readers for their support and advocacy.”

Key findings from the report include:

* 83% of IET journals saw an increase in citations
* 7 journals saw a rise in impact factor of over 30%
* IET Control Theory & Applications moved into the top quartile of categories Engineering, Electrical & Electronic and Instruments & Instrumentation
* IET Renewable Power Generation moved into the top quartile of Engineering, Electrical & Electronic
* IET Biometrics moved up 21 places in the Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence category
* IET Communications moved up 31 places in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering category

Titles which achieved the highest percentage increase in rating include:

* IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation – 47%
* IET Nanobiotechnology – 41%
* IET Communications – 36%
* IET Image Processing – 34%
* IET Biometrics – 33%

Giles Grant, Director of Knowledge Services at the IET, added: “The IET recognises the importance of investing in its journal portfolio to provide high quality outlets for research in engineering and related disciplines. Over the last few years, we have reviewed and revised our publishing strategy to not only deliver the publications our research community wants but also to provide the necessary support and guidance across the research workflow. I am delighted to see the fruits of this work reflected in the results published this week.”

For more information about the IET Journals portfolio, visit the IET’s digital library: https://www.theiet.org/resources/journals/index.cfm

- ENDS -

About the IET

* Looking for images to accompany your engineering stories? Use the IET’s media image library to highlight the exciting, creative and dynamic world of engineering.

*  Interview opportunities are available with IET spokespeople from a broad range of engineering and technology disciplines including cyber-security, energy, engineering skills, innovation, manufacturing, technology, transport and women in engineering.

* The IET is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions with over 168,000 members in 150 countries. It is also the most interdisciplinary – to reflect the increasingly diverse nature of engineering in the 21st century. Energy, transport, manufacturing, information and communications, and the built environment: the IET covers them all.

* The IET publishes more than 30 research and letters journals and over 500 books across engineering disciplines.

* The IET’s flagship A&I database, Inspec, is globally renowned as a source of essential research in the fields of engineering, physics and computer science.

* The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and influencing our members, engineers and technicians, and all those who are touched by, or touch, the work of engineers.

* We want to build the profile of engineering and change outdated perceptions about engineering in order to tackle the skills gap. This includes encouraging more women to become engineers and growing the number of engineering apprentices.

* For more information, visit www.theiet.org

* Follow the IET on Twitter.

Media enquiries to:
Hannah Kellett
External Communications Manager
T: +44 (0)7738602426
E: hkellett at theiet.org

---

* Apologies for cross-posting*

Caroline Jones
Strategic Market Manager, Academia

T:  +44 (0)1438 767 238
E: carolinejones at theiet.org

Visit our website www.theiet.org
Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn

Michael Faraday House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage, SG1 2AY, United Kingdom

The Institution of Engineering and Technology (“IET”) is registered as a Charity in England and Wales (No. 211014) and Scotland (No. SC038698). The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The views expressed in this message are personal and not necessarily those of the IET unless explicitly stated. The IET cannot guarantee that this email and any attachments are virus free.