[Eril-l] cookie error from taylorandfrancis ebooks?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Mon Jan 22 06:33:49 PST 2018

Are other libraries experiencing this error since Taylor & Francis moved
their CRC ebooks to their new platform?

"400 bad request" error stating "Request Header Or Cookie Too Large
nginx/1.13.4"

Several of us are seeing it particularly in Chrome.  While there is lots of
advice out there about clearing out bad cookies, the error keeps coming
back, making us think that maybe T&F is continuing to create bad cookies,
but we aren't sure and I don't want to deal with their tech support until I
am confident that it isn't a local problem with us.

Thanks for any advice, pointers, etc.

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island