[Eril-l] On campus proxy question

Jennifer Brown Jennifer.E.Brown at du.edu
Thu Feb 15 09:56:34 PST 2018

Hi Alisha,
My library forces proxy authentication for on-campus as well as off-campus. We have been doing this since last summer. It's taken work with our Campus IT department to come up with a set of IP ranges for visitor computers only that do not force a proxy authentication & that we give out to our vendors. We use Exclude IP lines in our EZProxy with those visitor computer IP ranges. (Our visitor computers require a login which can be purchased at our Access Desk; these are not just open freely to the public.) Configuring the proxy to force authentication was more imperative to this change than contacting vendors about the IP change.

Challenges we encountered when making the change were collaboration with Campus IT, and PR about the change to our stakeholders. So far, we have had very few complaints about the change; they have come more from internal library staff than from patrons.

Let me know if you have more questions!
Thanks,
Jenn

Jennifer Everson Brown