[Eril-l] Retiree access to electronic resources?

Crawford, Laurel Laurel.Crawford at unt.edu
Thu Feb 8 08:06:55 PST 2018

Hello collective wisdom,

We are wondering how common it is for academic libraries to allow retirees access to electronic resources, outside of the library, using an institutional login?

As librarians, is it your understanding that our contracts must explicitly permit retiree access, or are retirees considered part of the "authorized users" group?

I'm considering retirees to be people who used to work at the institution but who are now officially "inactive" from an HR perspective, who separated via retirement and not quitting/being fired.

We'd greatly appreciate any advice you may have.

Laurel Sammonds Crawford
Head of Collection Development
University of North Texas Libraries
laurel.crawford at unt.edu<mailto:laurel.crawford at unt.edu>