[Eril-l] alternative to WestLaw or Lexis?

Garcia, Iris iraida.garcia at emory.edu
Wed Dec 5 07:51:35 PST 2018

Offering a similar product is Bloomberg Law. But you can expect it to be similarly priced and their service to also be mainly focused on law schools/firms.

Alternative, lower-cost options include Fastcase and Casetext.

Also, Fastcase has partnered with HeinOnline to offer HeinOnline subscribers access to a wide array of case law at the federal and state levels. I find HeinOnline's platform to be more user-friendly and you can subscribe to different libraries/databases depending on your users' interests. And, as a plus, I know they've been looking to expand their service to colleges and universities. I've always found their customer service to be top-notch. My recommendation would be to start with Hein and see if they can fulfill your needs.

Hope that helps!

Iris Garcia
Associate Law Librarian for Collection Services
Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library | Emory University School of Law