[Eril-l] Discovery tools and Ebsco/ProQuest

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Tue Aug 28 06:02:56 PDT 2018

It doesn't exist. The two companies are competitors, to say the least. What
I've heard from EBSCO (we have EDS) is that they've reached out to Proquest
to try to work out some kind of metadata sharing agreement but that
Proquest has refused to talk with them about it.  I haven't heard
Proquest's side of the dispute. But for now the two companies have
absolutely no agreement in place to share each's proprietary metadata with
the other's discovery service.

At best you can at least select the holdings for all of Proquest's full
text/media content (or almost all) in EBSCO's holdings management, so that
if there is metadata from another source available in EDS, the "full text"
limiter will know you have it and you'll have links to get to it.

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island
mbelvadi at upei.ca 902-566-0581