[Eril-l] Discovery tools and Ebsco/ProQuest

Tenglund, Ann ATENG at sbu.edu
Sun Aug 26 06:49:37 PDT 2018

Does anyone use a discovery tool that will fully load metadata from both Ebsco and ProQuest and search both of them?

We have great content from both Ebsco and ProQuest and would like our students to be able to find the content from both vendors in one search.  We currently use the Ebsco Discovery Service (EDS), which works well for us, but it cannot load ProQuest metadata, so the only ProQuest resources that show are the links out to full-text if an article was indexed in another covered database but was available in full-text in ProQuest.  Unique ProQuest content does not display in EDS.  As I understand it, the reverse situation is true in ProQuest’s Summon tool (Ebsco content is not searched).

Our EbscoHost Integrated Search (EHIS) tool also does not seem to search ProQuest, even though the integrated search tool performs a search against other databases, rather than storing and indexing metadata from each.

I thought I’d tap the collective wisdom to see what others have that might get around this problem.

Thanks,

Ann

--
Ann M. Tenglund