[Eril-l] Inspec adds 50 key journals from Springer
carolinejones at theiet.org
Mon Aug 13 07:18:53 PDT 2018
*Apologies for cross-posting*
Press release: 13 August 2018
Inspec adds 50 key journals from Springer
More than 50 leading journals from Springer, including Nature, Nature Physics and the Journal of Material Science have been added to Inspec, the Institution of Engineering and Technology’s (IET) globally renowned abstract and indexing database for physics, electronics, computing and engineering.
A globally renowned source of essential research, users of Inspec can now access abstract and index records of articles from high quality journals including:
* 31 open access journals
* Additional 9 titles from the Physics & Astronomy portfolio including the Max Planck Institute open access journal, Living Reviews in Solar Physics, the second highest-ranking title in Astronomy & Astrophysics in the Journal Citation Reports (JCR).
* Expanded coverage from Nature including:
* Nature Biomedical Engineering
* Nature Partner Journals – OA content from key disciplines:
* npj 2D Materials and Applications
* npj Climate and Atmospheric Science
* npj Digital Medicine
* npj Flexible Electronics
* npj Materials Degradation
* npj Quantum Materials
Speaking of the announcement, Vincent Cassidy, Head of Academic Markets at the IET, said: “The IET remains committed to providing our researcher and practitioner communities with access to the latest science. We are delighted to include these key Springer titles in our Inspec database and to expand the depth and breadth of content available to researchers. The addition of these key titles, along with the 24 we’ve recently added from other major publishers, demonstrates the continued importance of abstracts and index resources such as Inspec to the research workflow.”
Silvia Serra Lampton, Head of Rights, Licensing & Permissions at Springer Nature, said: “Inspec now indexes 747 journals and 9 book series from across Springer Nature’s highly prestigious brands. Journals include Nature, Nature Physics, Journal of Material Science, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, the Journal of High Energy Physics and Living Reviews in Relativity. Books include Springer’s seminal Lecture Notes series, including Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
“Springer Nature is the publisher of the world’s most influential books and journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. Across our wide portfolio, we cover the full range of research disciplines – providing a home for all sound research and a platform for some of the most important discoveries of our generation.”
For more than 50 years, Inspec has been respected as the most authoritative resource for pinpointing important literature across the fields of physics, electronics, computing and engineering. Highly qualified scientists and engineers add specialised indexing to each abstract including thesaurus terms, free indexing, classification, treatment codes, numerical data indexing, chemical substance indexing, astronomical object indexing and expanded IPC codes. As such, the database remains the index of choice for the world’s top engineering departments.
For more information, please visit: www.theiet.org/inspec
About the IET
* Looking for images to accompany your engineering stories? Use the IET’s media image library to highlight the exciting, creative and dynamic world of engineering.
* Interview opportunities are available with IET spokespeople from a broad range of engineering and technology disciplines including cyber-security, energy, engineering skills, innovation, manufacturing, technology, transport and women in engineering.
* The IET is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions with over 168,000 members in 150 countries. It is also the most interdisciplinary – to reflect the increasingly diverse nature of engineering in the 21st century. Energy, transport, manufacturing, information and communications, and the built environment: the IET covers them all.
* The IET publishes more than 30 research and letters journals and over 500 books across engineering disciplines.
* The IET’s flagship A&I database, Inspec, is globally renowned as a source of essential research in the fields of engineering, physics and computer science.
* The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and influencing our members, engineers and technicians, and all those who are touched by, or touch, the work of engineers.
* We want to build the profile of engineering and change outdated perceptions about engineering in order to tackle the skills gap. This includes encouraging more women to become engineers and growing the number of engineering apprentices.
* For more information, visit www.theiet.org
* Follow the IET on Twitter.
Media enquiries to:
External Communications Manager
T: +44 (0)7738602426
E: hkellett at theiet.org
*Apologies for cross-posting*
Strategic Market Manager, Academia
T: +44 (0)1438 767 238
E: carolinejones at theiet.org
Visit our website www.theiet.org
Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn
Michael Faraday House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage, SG1 2AY, United Kingdom
The Institution of Engineering and Technology (“IET”) is registered as a Charity in England and Wales (No. 211014) and Scotland (No. SC038698). The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The views expressed in this message are personal and not necessarily those of the IET unless explicitly stated. The IET cannot guarantee that this email and any attachments are virus free.
More information about the Eril-l