[Eril-l] Job Posting: Acquisitions and Electronic Resources Librarian - Galter Health Sciences Library, Northwestern University (Chicago)
joelen.pastva at northwestern.edu
Wed Aug 1 06:25:05 PDT 2018
Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago
Acquisitions and Electronic Resources Librarian
This position is a non-tenure eligible appointment at the rank of Librarian Faculty.
Galter Health Sciences Library, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine is accepting applications for the position of Acquisitions and Electronic Resources Librarian. The Acquisitions and Electronic Resources Librarian coordinates the acquisition, activation, maintenance, and usage analysis of resources for the Galter Health Sciences Library.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Head, Collection Management and Metadata Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Acquisitions and Electronic Resources Librarian gathers information associated with potential new products and trials. Establishes vendor relations, including license review and negotiation. Coordinates licensing of shared resources among Galter Library, affiliated hospital libraries, and other university libraries. Coordinates orders, payments, and activation processes for electronic resources. Manages collections budget. Manages and maintains proxy server and OpenURL link resolvers. Troubleshoots and resolves electronic resources problems and security issues. Consolidates vendor-supplied usage data (both COUNTER and non-COUNTER compliant). Synthesizes and analyzes data to create actionable usage reports. Collaborates in the administration of ExLibris Alma integrated library services platform and Primo discovery platform. Assists with library's collection development related initiatives and activities. Explores new resources and emerging technologies, evaluates their relevance to library goals and user needs, and works with information systems personnel to implement new tools and services as appropriate. Develops documentation of best practices, process improvements, procedures, policies, and guidelines regarding acquisitions and resource management. Assists with promotion and outreach efforts related to library's e-resources. Creates and updates library web pages pertaining to e-resource access, discovery, troubleshooting, and related topics. Participates on committees, task forces, and special projects related to acquisitions, discovery and e-resources as appropriate.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Master's degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited program
* Minimum 3 years of experience working with acquisitions and electronic resources in an integrated library system
* Demonstrated experience working with vendors, publishers, and subscription agents
* Experience negotiating and reviewing license agreements
* Evidence of collaborative troubleshooting and creative problem solving
* Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Strong customer service focus
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Experience managing a collections budget in a health sciences or academic library environment
* Working knowledge of Ex Libris Alma and Primo systems
* Experience working with EZproxy or other authentication and remote access software
* Experience with electronic resources usage statistics standard (COUNTER) and protocol (SUSHI)
* Familiarity with cataloging and metadata workflows and services; knowledge of cataloging standards, including MARC and RDA; familiarity with non-MARC metadata concepts and schemas, such as Dublin Core and RDF; knowledge of metadata delivery formats, such as XML and JSON
* Evidence of initiative and flexibility
* Demonstrated commitment to personal continuing education and involvement in the profession
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications: until filled
In order to apply for this position, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae to stephanie.thor at northwestern.edu<mailto:stephanie.thor at northwestern.edu>. Please reference the job title and job opening ID in the email.
Located in the heart of Chicago's Magnificent Mile, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine has built a national reputation for excellence through a strong history of collaboration, interdisciplinary medical education, and research. Along with Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation, it is part of the premier academic medical center known as Northwestern Medicine. The Galter Health Sciences Library, a division of NUCATS, Northwestern's clinical and translational sciences institute, shares Northwestern's commitment to excellence, and fosters the creation and sharing of knowledge among the faculty, staff, and students of the Feinberg School of Medicine and its affiliates. Library staff and faculty strive to improve and enhance health care through innovation and leadership in the organization, delivery, management, and use of quality information to support the educational, research, and patient care needs of our users.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Head, Collection Management and Metadata Services
Feinberg School of Medicine
Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center
303 East Chicago Avenue, Ward 2-315
Chicago, Illinois 60611
joelen.pastva at northwestern.edu<mailto:joelen.pastva at northwestern.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 8837 bytes
More information about the Eril-l