[Eril-l] 2018 Charleston Conference Call for Papers Now Open!

Beth Bernhardt brbernha at uncg.edu
Tue Apr 24 08:57:08 PDT 2018

We are excited to announce that the 2018 Call for Papers, Ideas, Panels,
Debates, Diatribes, Speakers, Poster Sessions, etc. is now open. The
proposal deadline is Friday, July 13.

Submit your proposal at http://www.charlestonlibraryconference.
com/call-for-papers/.

Do you have ideas, challenges, solutions, or information to share? We’re
seeking proposals on topics related to collection development and
acquisitions, including, but not limited to:

·       analysis and assessment,

·       budgeting,

·       discovery,

·       digital scholarship,

·       end users/use statistics,

·       management/leadership,

·       library entrepreneurship,

·       professional development,

·       scholarly communication, and

·       technology and trends.

Another area of focus is our “Up and Comer” session thread. This is for
topics relating to, or presenters who are new to the profession, new to the
Charleston Conference, MLIS students or recent graduates, etc. It is
related to the Up and Comer Award, which will open for nominations in June.
2017 award winners are listed at http://www.charlestonlibraryconference.
com/2017-up-comer-award-winners/.

The Charleston Conference wishes to provide opportunities for everyone to
be heard. We encourage proposals that include representation from the
different viewpoints and stakeholders in the scholarly communications
process, so please consider the diversity of your panel. Also, please note
that conference sessions are meant for librarians, publishers, and vendors
to discuss issues of interest to them all. They are not an opportunity for
marketing products or services.

*2018 Conference Info:*

·       Theme: Oh wind – if winter comes, can spring be far behind?

·       Vendor Showcase booth registration will open on June 4. Booth cost
will remain the same as 2017.

·       Conference registration will open on June 11. Registration costs
will remain the same as 2017.

·       Preconferences/Seminars: Monday, November 5 – Tuesday, November 6

·       Charleston Vendor Showcase: Tuesday, November 6

·       Main Conference: Wednesday, November 7 – Friday, November 9

*About the Conference:*

The Charleston Conference is an informal annual gathering of librarians,
publishers, electronic resource managers, consultants, and vendors of
library materials in Charleston, SC, in November, to discuss issues of
importance to them all. It is designed to be a collegial gathering of
individuals from different areas who discuss the same issues in a friendly
and highly informal environment. Presidents of companies discuss and debate
with library directors, acquisitions librarians, reference librarians,
serials librarians, collection development librarians, and many, many
others. Begun in 1980, the Charleston Conference has grown from 20
participants in 1980 to almost 2,000 in 2016.

http://www.charlestonlibraryconference.com

For questions or more information, please contact Leah Hinds at

leah at charlestonlibraryconference.com.

…

Beth R. Bernhardt
Assistant Dean for Collection Management and Scholarly Communications
University Libraries
University of North Carolina Greensboro
PO Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402
336-256-1210
[image: FullName UNCG Logo combined with 125th mark]