[Eril-l] Recommended alternatives to ProQuest Congressional?

Neyer, Linda S lneyer at bloomu.edu
Thu Apr 19 13:02:40 PDT 2018

Dear Collective Wisdom,
Our Gov Docs librarian is looking for recommendations/alternatives to our ProQuest Congressional database, which is pretty low-use.  She says, “Professors mainly like it for its unbiased information about members of Congress (biographies, committee memberships, etc.) and its ability to search for social media use by members of Congress.  Can anyone recommend other resources that would do one or either of these?  I’d gladly take recommendations of other databases, books (print or ebook), or web sources.”

Any suggestions or thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
Linda

---
Linda Neyer, Associate Professor, MLS|MS
Research & Instruction Librarian | Database Coordinator
Liaison to Biological & Health Sciences, Chemistry, Exercise
Science, Physics & Engineering Technology, and Nursing
Chair, Library Faculty
Andruss Library 222
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
570-389-4801 | lneyer at bloomu.edu