[Eril-l] Linking to ProQuest Dissertations via Ovid?

Cannon, Heather HCannon at adler.edu
Wed Apr 18 09:40:36 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone on this list might have an idea about how to solve a problem we encounter frequently at our library.

We have a subscription to PsycINFO on the OVID platform.  We use both Links at Ovid and SerialsSolution's 360 Link to as link resolvers on the Ovid platform.

When our users find a citation to a dissertation in PsycINFO, it's actually a citation for Dissertation Abstracts International: Section A or Section B.  Therefore, those links don't resolve to full-text even though we all know the users want to find the actual dissertation in full-text, not the abstract.  And we DO have the full text of dissertations, through ProQuest, for the ones listed in Section B.

Does anyone know of a way to direct those links to ProQuest's Dissertations database instead?

The best idea I've come up with on my own is creating another link to ProQuest Dissertations in the 360 Link pop-up window that tells users to click on it if their citation says "Dissertation abstracts international"

If there's a better way to do it directly using Links at Ovid, though, that would be great.

Thanks,
Heather.
Heather Cannon, M.L.I.S.
Systems & Resources Librarian