[Eril-l] UNR: Adding Proxy to Article Links in Clinical Key?

Jazmin E Arevalo jazmina at unr.edu
Wed Apr 4 13:42:36 PDT 2018

Greetings,

We have noticed an issue when we add our proxy prefix to article links in ClinicalKey. Here we are adding the prefix to the URL we retrieved from the URL bar when viewing the PDF

http://unr.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://www.clinicalkey.com/service/content/pdf/watermarked/1-s2.0-S0193953X10000444.pdf?locale=en_US

However, clicking on the URL leads to an error page that only contains the following:

{"response":{"message":"No Active Session.","status":902}}

So we assumed that the best method was to use the "Share URL" (when sharing via email) provided on the upper right corner of the article details page. We also added the proxy prefix and when we open the URL from off-campus after authenticating, it redirects us to the main ClinicalKey search homepage...

Has any other institution encountered a similar problem when attempting to provide proxied link to users off-campus?

Thanks,

Jazmin - on behalf of UNR Discovery Services.

[University of Nevada, Reno]<http://www.unr.edu/>

Jazmin E. Arevalo
Discovery Services
Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center
University of Nevada, Reno (NNY)
work-phone: (755) 682-5582<tel:(755)%20682-5582>
email: jazmina at unr.edu<mailto:jazmina at unr.edu>