[Eril-l] Call for proposals: Academic Library Association of Ohio 2018 Annual Conference

Bazeley, Jennifer bazelejw at miamioh.edu
Mon Apr 2 10:10:40 PDT 2018

The Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO) conference planning
committee invites you to submit proposals for the 44th Annual Conference, *Take
Action! Conveying Value, Cultivating Success*, which will explore our
impact on student engagement, student learning and student success. We all
do great things that impact students, so let’s share our work and
experiences!

Featured speakers at the conference will be Dr. Megan Oakleaf, Associate
Professor at Syracuse University’s iSchool and Dr. Debra Gilchrist, Vice
President for Student Success at Pierce College.

*Conference Date:* November 2, 2018

*Conference Location:* Nationwide Hotel & Conference Center in Columbus,
Ohio

*Submission Deadline:  *April 16, 2018

We encourage thoughtful, timely proposals on any topic related to the
theme. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

   - Budget
   - Collaborations
   - Collections
   - Demonstrating value
   - Developing a culture of assessment
   - Ethnographic and observational studies
   - Impact on student learning, retention, progression, and/or graduation
   - Lessons learned
   - Library instruction
   - Library student employees
   - Marketing and communications
   - Outreach activities
   - Programming and events
   - Reporting results
   - Services
   - Spaces and facilities
   - Special collections and archives
   - Technical services
   - Unique methods
   - Usability
   - User experience

More information and submission guidelines are available on the conference
website <https://www.alaoweb.org/conferences/2018/proposals/>

All presenters are responsible for their own registration and travel costs.

If you have questions, please visit the website
<https://www.alaoweb.org/conferences/2018/about> or contact Laura
Birkenhauer and Carrie Girton at program at alaoweb.org.