[Eril-l] Streaming games licensing (e.g., Steam)

Bazeley, Jennifer bazelejw at miamioh.edu
Tue Sep 26 12:19:59 PDT 2017

Hi ERIL,

Apologies if this has come up before and been discussed at length--I
searched the archives and didn't see much, but it's very possible I missed
something.

Are there any libraries out there paying for and managing a service like
Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/) to provide streaming and/or
downloadable video games to patrons? We've had requests to purchase games
this way and are struggling with the logistics of managing a Steam site
license (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3303-QWRC-3436)
and purchasing paid site subscriptions for games.

If anyone has experience with managing this product or type of product,
could you contact me on or off list? Or if anyone knows of any resources
online that might help, that would also be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Jennifer Bazeley

--
Associate Librarian / Coordinator, Collection Access & Acquisitions
Miami University Libraries <http://www.lib.miamioh.edu/>
p. 513.529.4216 | e. bazelejw at miamioh.edu