[Eril-l] POSITION: UT System Consortia Resources Librarian

Rowe, Ronda G ronda at austin.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 13 08:11:28 PDT 2017

For the following two simultaneous recruitments, we are seeking to hire one candidate:
UT System Consortia Resources Librarian II
https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/hr/jobs/nlogon/170913010086

UT System Consortia Resources Librarian I
https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/hr/jobs/nlogon/170913010088

The UT System Consortia Resources Librarian is a UT System Digital Library (UTSDL) staff member.  The Consortia Resources Librarian is responsible for managing electronic resources through the consortia lifecycle.  And is responsible for administering the restricted UTSDL website, from granting authorization to developing fiscal data.  This work supports all fourteen UT institutions located across Texas.  The UT System Consortia Resources Librarian reports to the Head of the UTSDL.

Essential functions: Provide central role in managing UT System Digital Library electronic resources through the consortia life cycle. Manage renewal of electronic resource subscriptions, including business changes, verifying title lists, maintaining accurate data, and invoicing with UT System libraries, vendors, and publishers. Communicate and work productively, building rapport and trust, with UT System libraries located across Texas, vendors, and publishers. Maintain open lines of communication, using multiple avenues such as email, web pages, telephone, in-person, virtual meetings, and other avenues as needed. Work independently as a customer service contact on UTSDL related functions, such as online access issues. Resolve content, business, fiscal issues between UT System libraries, and vendors, and publishers, both individually and in consultation as appropriate. Propose solutions and take responsibility to implement them, including the improvement of workflows. Direct UT System libraries on renewal work, including big journal packages. Maintain current awareness of and strict adherence to State of Texas and UT System rules and regulations. Partner with colleagues on policy reviews. Administer restricted UTSDL website. Develop and maintain electronic resource and fiscal data critical for UT System libraries on restricted SharePoint site. Continually improve data and functionality needed for site users to be successful. Provide training for users. Assist with authentication and authorization issues. Conduct continual assessment projects. Participate in UTL, UT, and UT System activities to further their broader missions. Participate in professional library and scholarly organizations, particularly those related to electronic and consortia librarianship. Keep current with developments in librarianship, particularly related to collection development, licensing and acquisitions.

The University of Texas Libraries welcomes and respects all individuals and communities by valuing and consciously maintaining awareness of diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe inclusivity is critical to fostering excellence in all of our endeavors, and we promote diversity in our collections and the services that we provide as well as in our recruiting, hiring and retention practices.

Ronda Rowe
UT System Licensing & Communications Librarian
University of Texas Libraries
Austin, TX 78713

phone: 512.495.4110 | fax: 512.495.4397
ronda at austin.utexas.edu<mailto:ronda at austin.utexas.edu>