[Eril-l] Sage pay-per-view?

Steve Oberg steve.oberg at wheaton.edu
Fri Oct 13 12:05:39 PDT 2017

Trisha,

Yep, we do, for SAGE journals. This is facilitated by means of a customized document delivery web form powered by SFX. If an article is available via this method, the user is routed to this form to fill out contact details (article details are prepopulated). When the form is submitted, it generates an email to a dedicated email address monitored by staff, who then pay for the article via credit card, download it, and send it to the user within 24 hours or less.

We’d strongly prefer a less mediated approach like what we can do via pay-per-view for Nature, Wiley, and ScienceDirect. In those cases we have a prepaid amount from which the transaction is drawn automatically with no staff mediation, and that works very well. But SAGE so far has not moved in that direction that I’m aware, in spite of our repeated lobbying, and also implementation of a more functional journal platform earlier this year.

Steve

Steve Oberg
Assistant Professor and Group Leader for Resource Description and Digital Initiatives
Buswell Library, Wheaton College (IL)
+1 (630) 752-5852

President, NASIG<http://www.nasig.org>
[cid:32787338-69FA-440A-A056-77F4993DE460 at wheaton.edu]