[Eril-l] Job Posting: Resource Description Manager

Martin Knott amuro at umich.edu
Tue Oct 17 10:41:48 PDT 2017

With apologies for cross-postings, the University of Michigan Library is
seeking applicants for the Resource Description Manager in Technical
Services. This position provides leadership for the Resource Description
unit by developing innovative policies, efficiencies, and practices which
enhance user access to the library’s resources. They oversee the creation
and editing of MARC-based metadata records in our local catalog and OCLC,
ensuring the records conform to local, national, and international
standards. The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership,
scoping and designing MARC metadata projects in collaboration with
stakeholders (both those within the department and across the library) and
generating workflows to support our research community.

The complete job description, responsibilities, qualifications and link to
apply online are available at the following link:

http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/148949/resource_description_manager

mlk

Martin L. Knott
University of Michigan Library