[Eril-l] Discovery Comparison

Ours, Mike ours.m at lynchburg.edu
Fri Nov 17 13:24:47 PST 2017

We were able to comparisons of EDS and Summon in 2011. That was early on in
the evolution of discovery services. We had a trial of summons set up for
us and got temporary credentials from another library that allowed us to
search their version of EDS. There are few reports of these types of
comparisons in the literature. Discovery is usually very customized for
each institution. I think the best situation would be to get a trial of the
one you do not currently use, or trials from both providers if you have
neither of the ones you are evaluating.

Michael Ours

Scholarly Communications & Digital Services Librarian

Knight-Capron Library

Lynchburg College

1501 Lakeside Dr., Lynchburg, VA 24501-3113

434/544-8206               FAX: 434/544-8499

ours.m at lynchburg.edu