[Eril-l] Switching from EZ proxy to Shibboleth/Open Athens/SAML Where do I begin?

Dominic Benson Dominic.Benson at brunel.ac.uk
Fri Nov 3 07:03:10 PDT 2017

Hi Jean,

We protect our EZproxy instance with our Shibboleth IdP as part of our integrated SSO environment. This gives us the benefit of integration at the article level via our OpenURL provider since we configure EZproxy as the authentication method, and an alternative route via Shibboleth at the publishers’ end for our millennial crowd whose default starting point off campus is Google, etc, (>60%) not our managed links.

We are quite a long way off getting direct linking for the whole of our discovery layer. If you move to OpenAthens, how will you manage article-level OpenURL linking?

Kind regards,

Dom Benson
E-resources Librarian, Library, Information Services
Brunel University London | T +44(0)1895 266143