[Eril-l] Switching from EZ proxy to Shibboleth/Open Athens/SAML Where do I begin?

Kathleen Folger kfolger at umich.edu
Thu Nov 2 15:14:22 PDT 2017

Hi Jean,

Were you able to set up Shibboleth authentication using an opaque
identifier so there's no release of personally identifiable information? If
so, do you know which identifier each of the vendors you mentioned supports?

We've run into an issue recently with our campus IT department not
supporting the opaque identifier that another vendor said was the only one
they supported. I'm trying to get a sense of what identifiers are most
commonly supported by the library vendor community to make sure our campus
IT department will support it.  Thanks!

-Kathleen

Kathleen M. Folger, Electronic Resources Officer
University of Michigan Library
312 Hatcher North
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1190
V:(734) 764-9375
F:(734) 764-0259
kfolger at umich.edu
<kfolger at umich.edu>

My pronouns are she, her, hers – what are yours?