[Eril-l] ERIC Full Text in EBSCO

Rizzo, Sara srizzo at caldwell.edu
Fri May 5 09:12:41 PDT 2017

Hi Lisa,

It seems EBSCO has been dropping a ton of content lately. This is a message
I received a few months ago:

*"EBSCO manages a vast quantity of full text content pertaining to the
company's online databases. Due to the dynamic nature of the information
industry, such database content is subject to change. Content changes may
include, but is not limited to the addition of newly licensed publications,
backfile expansions, shortened embargo periods, lengthened embargo periods,
removal of publications, and journal name changes.   To keep abreast of any
changes to database content (including title additions, embargo removals,
etc.), please sign up for an alert each time our monthly database title
report files are posted."*

I don't know about ERIC Full Text, but we've seen the same exact thing with
CINHAL and Nursing & Allied Health, just tons of titles dropped suddenly.
They've also been slow to send the title lists to other vendors, such as
ExLibris, so our holdings in the E-Journal Portal are kind of wonky for a
week every month or so. It's extra frustrating because the publication list
in the database itself is a bit confusing to read (the icons for Full Text
still appear, but unless it states in writing "Full text available" you
just have to know its Bibliographic records only. We had similar problems
in January and just last week.

Best,

Sara

--
Sara Margaret Rizzo
*Electronic Resources/Serials Management Librarian*