[Eril-l] Database cost-per-use

Mock, Emily emock at albany.edu
Thu May 25 06:49:57 PDT 2017

Hello,

I'm working on a project involving cost-per-use statistics of our databases, and I'm wondering which metric(s) others use to make this kind of calculation. It's obvious there isn't going to be one metric that works for every database, since it's dependent on what kind of usage data they provide, but even among the ones that provide COUNTER reports, which metric do you find most useful? Result Clicks? Record Views? Does it depend on the type of database?

I'd appreciate any input or advice you can give!

Thanks,
Emily Mock

Coordinator for Gift Books & Collections Assessment
University at Albany
University Libraries, LI-B34D
1400 Washington Ave.
Albany, NY 12222