[Eril-l] Open Source Ticketing system recommendations?

Steve Oberg steve.oberg at wheaton.edu
Tue May 16 14:56:57 PDT 2017

Hi Jacquie,

Currently we use RT by Best Practical. It’s an open source system that’s also used by our primary consortium, as well in the iSchool at Illinois. It is pretty full featured and stable, although it has its functional quirks (the biggest of which is the way its search function works). We’ve used it for many years and it does just about everything we could imagine wanting to do.

We are investigating the possibility, though, of migrating to a commercial product currently in use by our campus IT folks. This investigation is not because we are so unhappy with RT but rather as a way of simplifying and streamlining the variety of systems that need to be supported by library staff in my group. In other words, we are the only campus unit that uses RT currently. If we can hitch a ride with our campus IT, this might be an improvement in terms of longterm support, etc.

Steve

Steve Oberg
Assistant Professor of Library Science
Group Leader for Resource Description and Digital Initiatives
Wheaton College (IL)
+1 (630) 752-5852

NASIG Vice-President/President-Elect
[cid:image001.png at 01D1D888.AA3866F0]