[Eril-l] notes in ebook records

Bazeley, Jennifer bazelejw at miamioh.edu
Wed Mar 22 08:34:39 PDT 2017

We use the 856 $z to indicate the number of simultaneous users for ebooks
that have restrictions, and we also include an icon/note in our link
resolver (EBSCO) for ebooks with restrictions. Based on anecdotal
experience, most patrons don't notice the notes regardless of where we have
placed them. I still regularly get queries from faculty and students about
why they are unable to access a single user item that is clearly marked as
such.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Associate Librarian / Coordinator, Collection Access & Acquisitions
Miami University Libraries <http://www.lib.miamioh.edu/>
King Library 312
Oxford, OH 45056
p. 513.529.4216 | e. bazelejw at miamioh.edu