[Eril-l] question re STL-DDA with EBSCO, Proquest, YBP

Deborah Bezanson bezanson at gwu.edu
Tue Jun 13 08:30:09 PDT 2017

Melissa,

I don't know about getting a report, nor do I know about Ebsco's DDA.

But for Proquest LibCentral, you can go into your Admin settings and set a
rule to mediate the purchase if an STL is not available and that may help.

 In our case, we found that the price caps are not grandfathered, so
although we set a price cap in GOBI for $200, once the record is in our
catalog, we would be charged the going rate at the time of purchase, which
in a few cases was significantly higher.  To fix that, we had to go into
LibCentral to set the autopurchase price limit to $200 there as well.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Melissa Belvadi <mbelvadi at upei.ca> wrote:

> Hi, all. This question is just for any of you who have a DDA program with
> EBSCO, Proquest, or YBP that includes one or more STLs (short term loans).
>
> We have a YBP/Gobi DDA program that works with both EBSCO and Proquest
> ebooks, and our profile requires that an ebook allow 1 STL charge for the
> use before the second use triggers the full purchase.
>
> I just discovered that if a publisher changes their rules so that STLs are
> no longer allowed, our previously profiled ebooks are NOT grandfathered,
> but need to be removed or else the first use will trigger full purchase.
>
> YBP tells me that we need to be getting from each of EBSCO and Proquest a
> monthly report listing which of our profiled DDA ebooks with them became
> ineligible for STL so we can manually remove them (both from the catalogue
> and the platform DDA collection).
>
> Do any of you do this? If so, for each of EBSCO and Proquest, how do you
> get that report?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Melissa Belvadi
> Collections Librarian
> University of Prince Edward Island
> mbelvadi at upei.ca 902-566-0581 <(902)%20566-0581>

Deborah Bezanson
Senior Librarian for the Sciences, Engineering & Assessment
George Washington University Libraries
2130 H Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
(202)994-6924