[Eril-l] Off topic: Does your institution use BMC Footprints for an ITSM?

Vickie Kline vkline at ycp.edu
Tue Jun 6 12:09:36 PDT 2017

Apologies -
​ ​
cross-posting
​ to:   ERIL-L, Summon, ACLCP, EZPROXY-L.​
.

I'm looking for any libraries who have experience using BMC (formerly
Numara) Footprint for tracking library services/tickets.

If you do, please contact me directly  off-list.

We're integrating IT and the Library into  Library Technology and Services
- a single organization with a shared help desk.

We're rebuilding in Footprints 12.    We're trying to figure out which
library services/processes to handle through Footprints in a shared
container and which to keep outside.

We previously had a separate workspace that was designed for the library
without understanding how ITSMs (help desk ticketing systems) usually work.

Any advice or leads would be appreciated    - I'm not finding much in the
literature beyond Frank Cervone's 2008 article :  http://www.emeraldinsight.
com/doi/abs/10.1108/10650750810875430

TIA.

Vickie

Vickie L. Kline                vkline at ycp.edu
Systems Librarian           Phone:  717-815-1459 <(717)%20815-1459>
Associate Professor        FAX:    717-849-1608 <(717)%20849-1608>

York College of PA - Schmidt Library
York, PA 17403-3651

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would
not be called research, would it?"

   -Albert Einstein