[Eril-l] estimating hosting fees

Mark Winek mdw65 at georgetown.edu
Mon Jul 10 10:23:15 PDT 2017

Dear Collective Wisdom,

Some colleagues are completing a large impact statement for a new
initiative. They have identified many primary source collections that are
available for purchase as electronic collections. In relation to this, they
have asked for a general percentage of the purchase price that can be
expected for ongoing hosting and maintenance fees after purchase.

Of course, the collections come from different vendors with different
hosting fee policies. It's impossible to contact each vendor to ask for the
specific hosting fee.

Has anyone been asked this question before? What was your answer and what
supporting evidence do you have? I can make an 'educated' guess, but I'm
interested in how others have faced this issue.

Thank you!
Mark

Mark D. Winek
Unit Head, Electronic Resources & Serials
Georgetown University
Joseph Mark Lauinger Memorial Library