[Eril-l] ACS IP block redux (EndNote)

Donley, Leah donley at bnl.gov
Fri Jan 6 06:47:46 PST 2017

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your email.  The idea of putting a notice in Serials Solutions is one I hadn't thought of (even if it's just a text note).  We currently have a general note about use of electronic content on almost every page of our website, which covers copyright and excessive downloads, etc. but we are considering putting something specific near the ACS and possibly EndNote links on our website as well.  One frustration, which I don't see a way around, is knowing that many of our users access content directly from google or direct links (not originating from our website), but we can at least cover the avenues we can control.  It's also something we can mention individually to users when discussing EndNote and perhaps in library orientations as well.

I had a response off-list that mentioned an option in EndNote to "Automatically Invoke Find Full Text on newly imported references", which can be unchecked, so that is another thing users may be unware of.

Our procedure when something like this occurs is pretty similar to yours.

Thanks again,
Leah

Leah Donley
Research Library - Building 477