[Eril-l] retention of usage data

Tricia Clayton tclayton3 at gsu.edu
Mon Feb 13 09:01:39 PST 2017

Has anyone developed policies, either formally or informally, about the retention of your COUNTER and non-COUNTER usage reports? In the past we have not "weeded" our usage data. We now have a large number of files, and our institution is migrating our networked drives - where we currently store this data - to Sharepoint.  We are now thinking about how much we should actually keep/migrate.

In a related issue, we are also migrating to Alma soon. By the time we migrate, Alma will have the capability to replace the system we are currently using to collect and report on our COUNTER compliant usage data. We will need to consider how many years of older data we want to populate in the new system. How have other libraries that have switched usage data management systems handled this?

Thanks,
Tricia

Tricia Clayton
Collection Services Librarian